Today I stumble upon a video of Elon Musk, who started his carrier with Zip2, a web based company sort of like yellow pages in India, only it was founded way back in 1999 and it was one of first few web based companies in the world. Then he founded/co-founded many other companies which are PayPal, OpenAI, SolarCity, Tesla Motors, and SpaceX.
In the words of Steve Jobs, he is making a dent in the universe.
In the video he was suggesting do’s and don’t to a group of people and I want some his advise to impress upon me forever.
- If you need inspiring words don’t do it.
- Wishful thinking is innate human nature and the most common flaw in us.
- whatever area you are best into there are chances that you can fail, so its most important that you love what you do, if you don’t like it don’t do it.
- It’s very important to like the people you work with, otherwise life would be miserable, (there is no asshole policy at SpaceX).
- Dare while you are young and take risks, because you won’t regret it.
- Word Super hard; (What does super hard mean?) 80 hours every week.
- Seek criticism, you are wrong, and your goal is to be less wrong.
- Never hire for skill, hire for passion.